Ausangate Trek – 5D/4N
LUGARES A VISITAR:
- Ausangate Cocha
- Thermal Baths
- Day 01: Cusco – Tinki
- Day 02 : Upiss – Ausangate Cocha
- Day 03 : Ausangate Cocha – Hampa
- Day 04 : Hampa – Phacchanta
- Day 05 : Phacchanta – Tinki – Cusco
DAY 01: CUSCO – TINKI
We pick you up from your hotel lobby early and shuttle to Tinki (A small rural community,) which is the starting point of the walk. In Tinki we will comply with the rider and the horse that will transport our staff during the expedition. On route we pass by picturesque small towns like Urcos. Continue to CATCA and then Oceangate. In these villages we will see people wearing traditional costumes of the country. Then continue through the communities reach Tinki. The bus journey takes after 2 hours and 30 minutes of spectacular green pastures of the Andean Mountain where people live maintaining their traditions and customs walk.through. The stunning mountain scenery will make an extraordinary hike. You will see many llamas and alpacas that are used by people to transport their crops and belongings. We continue to Upis camping.
DAY 02 : UPISS – AUSANGATE COCHA
We leave Upis early and start walking through the tips of ichu grass plains and then the trail climbs to the pass of Arapa (4900m). Then we will continue the walk from Ausangate and Queullacocha watching attractive lagoons and spectacular mountain scenery with great wildlife. After this the trail descends to the lake Hatun Pucaccocha. We then walked to the second step called Pucapunta Pass (5000m). Later we short descent to the camp next to the lagoon of Ausangate Cocha.
DAY 03 : AUSANGATE COCHA – HAMPA
A fascinating day of trekking. We will pass the highest point of your hike (Palomino Pass 5,200 m). At this point, you will be rewarded by splendid views. Then we will descend to the former agricultural area where people live Finaya herding their llamas and alpacas. Let’s look and see native crops friendly families. Later we will make a short walk down to our campsite in the Underworld community.
DAY 04 : HAMPA – PHACCHANTA
This day the Underworld Pass trail climbs up the last of our walk before descending through the ancient Moraine and rocky site This area is home to mountain Chinchilla (Andean rabbit). We continue the walk amid beautiful lagoon (Querococha) until we reach our camp located in a colorful community field (Pacchanta) where people live in harmony with nature. In this place there are hot springs where you can relax the muscles that will be well deserved after this challenging trek.
DAY 05 : PHACCHANTA – TINKI – CUSCO
We leave our camp early and continue to Tinki. Later we continue downhill through a pastisal with beautiful agricultural areas, where we will see native crops such as potatoes, oxalis, beans, quinoa, etc. The path descends through several communities of friendly people who will welcome you in your native Quechua language. Upon our arrival in Tinki, our car will be waiting for us to return to Cusco and then make the transfer to the hotel.
End of our services.
- Professional tour guide (English / Spanish).
- Private tourist van.
- Accommodation in tents.
- Camping equipment with tents: dining room, kitchen, tables, benches and comfortable mattress.
- Cook and assistant.
- All meals during the tour. (Not including breakfast 1st or the Last Supper).
- First aid kit.
- Oxygen ball.
- First breakfast.
- Sleeping bag.
- Trekking poles
Recommendations to bring
- Bring original passport “With expiration date not less than 7 months”
- ISIC card (www.isic.org) if applicable (must be submitted at the time of booking).
- Carry a sleeping bag (can be rented at the agency).
- Carry hiking boots and sandals (very important).
- Carry trekking poles (can be rented at the agency).
- Coats: layers of varying temperatures, especially at night. Thermal / gloves / scarves: woolen socks / woolen hat for cold nights, shirts for the whole trek.
- Carry a headlamp (Very important).
- Carry a camera and extra batteries.
- Carry sunscreen / hat and sunglasses.
- Carry personal medical kit.
- Carry insect repellent.
- Rain gear: a good raincoat and rain pants and a rain poncho plastic.
- Carry toilet paper.
- Carry a small towel.
- Extra money for drinks and gratuities, souvenirs, etc. (soles or dollars).
- Carry a swimwear for the hot springs (optional).
- Carry a bottle of water (recommended 1 liter).
PRICE & OPTIONS
(Groups of 4 – 7 maximum)
(Minimum 2 persons)
- The groups are formed between 4 to 7 people maximum.
- For the reservation of this tour a minimum of 02 people is required.
- Peruvian Tourists with their valid ID, & nbsp; they get a discount.
- We also offer special discounts for groups of more than "05 people" For more & nbsp; information write to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org