Tour Maras – Moray 1/2 Day
LUGARES A VISITAR:
- Moray (Terrazas de experimentacion agricola)
- Salineras de Maras
- Mercado artesanal de Chinchero
- Templo colonial y complejo arqueológico de Chinchero
For this fascinating half day tour we pick you up at 9:00 AM from your hotel in Cusco and head to the village of Maras and the agricultural experimentation platforms of Moray, this beautifull drive its one hour and a half on the way you will see amazing views of the Urubamba mountain ranges, the Veronica mountain and the beautifull valleys of farms. at the same time you will be able to learn about agriculture, textiles, and the history of the Incas, were thought to be used to determine the optimal conditions for growing crops, plants, flowers, and many other products from different parts of the Empire.
After this we will make a visit to the salt mines “salineras” located just below Maras. These mines are still working and the farmers work in them during the day, There are over 3,000 salt pools carved into the mountain side, that are filled daily by a underground stream of salty water.
Return to Cusco we visit the village of CHINCHERO wich is believed to be the mythical birthplace of the rainbow, this village has colonial temple which was build over the Inca palace and its famous artisan market, Here also tourists can be part of the wonderful demonstration of the natural dyeing of alpaca wool, which are dyed naturally with plants, seeds and minerals.
The tour ends in Cusco 2:00 PM approximately.
Upon our arrival in Cusco we will drop you in your hotel.
It is located 7 km from Maras, two hours from Cusco by Chinchero route which is one of the most spectacular views where there are circular terraces of different sizes. These are experimental agricultural terraces and places of concentration of female energy, which is considered as a magnetic center of the Pachamama.
SALT MINES OF MARAS.
Located northwest of the town of Maras, known by some as “Salt Mines”, they are constituted by about 3,000 small wells. The salt is obtained from pre-Hispanic times through a system of sun-dried salt water from an underground stream. Once the water evaporated, the salt is ready for sale.
CRAFT MARKET OF CHINCHERO.
This town is located at 28 km. From Cusco on the paved road to Urubamba where are the remains of what was the “Royal Hacienda of Tupac Inca Yupanqui”, it is like a beautiful colonial temple built on Inca foundations, its greatest asset. However, it is its Sunday market, originally dedicated to the exchange of agricultural products between the villagers of the valley and the highland. Currently, the market is a spectacle of colour and movement that causes the fascination of tourists with its range of handicrafts and textiles made of pure pre-Columbian style.
End of our service.
- Pick-up from the hotel.
- Tourist transport.
- Official Tour Guide Service in English and Spanish.
- Entrance tickets to all places to visit.
- Transfer to your hotel at the end of the tour.
- Food and beverages.
Recommendations to bring
- Bring original passport “With expiration date not less than 7 months”.
- Wear sneakers or light/tennis shoes.
- Bottle of water “canteen”
- Drink plenty of fluids during your excursions.
- Carry a raincoat (long poncho) during the rainy season.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts.
- Wear long pants.
- Carry sunscreen and brimmed hat for sunny days.
- Carry binoculars.
- Carry sunglasses and plastic bags.
- Carry medicine and / or personal items (liquid for contact lenses).
- Carry a backpack or lightweight suitcase (no weight limit between 5-6 kilos maximum).
- Carry a camera or camcorder.
- Have on hand checks in small denominations and coins in soles or dollars.
Price and Options
(Groups of 4 – 7 maximum)
(Minimum 2 persons)
- Los grupos están formados entre 4 a 8 personas como máximo.
- Para la reserva de este tour se requiere un mínimo de 02 personas.
- Peruvian Tourists with their valid ID, & nbsp; they get a discount.
- We also offer special discounts for groups of more than "05 people" For more & nbsp; information write to the email: email@example.com