Cusco City Tour
Places to visit:
Our Cusco City Tour includes Plaza de armas, Qoricancha museum, San Pedro market, Sacsayhuaman, Q’enqo, PukaPukara and Tambomachay.
We have 2 schedules:
- Morning schedule from 9:00 AM to 1:30 PM
- Afternoon schedule from 1:30 PM to 6:00 PM
Cusco is a city located in southeastern Peru, in the Andes Mountains. It was the capital of the Inca Empire and is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Cusco is known for its well-preserved Spanish colonial architecture as well as its ancient Inca ruins, such as the famous Machu Picchu.
Cusco City Tour Itinerary
Our Cusco City Tour is a half day tour in which we will visit the following attractions:
Plaza de Armas:
Start your day at the heart of Cusco’s historic center, the Plaza de Armas. Here you can see the Cusco Cathedral and the Church of the Society of Jesus, two of the most important religious buildings in the city. Take a stroll around the square and admire the colonial architecture, the beautiful flower beds, and the impressive fountain in the center.
San Pedro Market:
From the Plaza de Armas, head to the vibrant San Pedro Market, one of the biggest and most famous markets in Cusco. Here you can find a vast array of fresh produce, meats, cheeses, herbs, and spices, as well as handicrafts, textiles, and souvenirs. Take your time to wander around and enjoy the colorful sights, sounds, and smells of the market.
This museum is located on the site of the ancient Inca temple of the sun. The museum houses an impressive collection of Inca artifacts, including pottery, textiles, jewelry, and tools, as well as exhibits on Inca religion, astronomy, and cosmology. Don’t miss the stunning courtyard, with its intricate stonework and beautiful gardens.
End your day with a visit to Sacsayhuaman, a massive Inca fortress located just outside of Cusco. Here, we will explore the impressive stonework, including the massive walls made of perfectly fitted stones. From the top of the fortress, you can enjoy breathtaking views of Cusco and the surrounding mountains. To complement our tour, we will also visit the nearby sites of Q’enqo, Puka Pukara and Tambomachay.
After your tour, we will return to Cusco’s main Plaza and will drop you off directly at your accommodation.
- Pick-up from hotel in Cusco / drop-off at hotel after tour
- Guided service (English or Spanish)
- Transportation to each attraction included in the tour
- Entrance tickets (Boleto Turístico General)
- Snacks & Water
WHAT TO BRING
To guarantee the best of experiences, it is important to be fully prepared. Here is a list of items we recommend you to bring for this tour.
- Comfortable shoes. No heels, flip flops, flats or unworn shoes.
- Small day pack for your personal items
- Travel document
- Parka or windbreaker. Weather changes are common in Cusco. This includes sunny, rainy and windy conditions.
- Reusable water bottle
- Extra cash for souvenirs & snacks
Prices & Options
COST: US$30 per person
Highlights of the City:
- Cusco is a city of hidden gems. From its architecture to its markets, Cusco has something to offer to any traveller and visitor. The highlights of the city include its main square (Plaza de Armas), the Qoricancha Museum, the cobblestone streets including Hatunrumiyoq, the San Pedro market, the bohemian neighborhood of San Blas and the archaeological sites of Saqsayhuman, Q’enqo, Puka Pukara and Tambomachay. All of these highlights are best visited in a Cusco City Tour.
- The historic centre in Cusco is all accessible on foot. Many of the streets are still pedestrian only.
- Taxis and public transportation are also readily accessible near and around the historic centres. The rates for either form of transportation are quite economical. No taximeters are used in taxis, as rates are agreed upon before boarding the unit.
How to get to Cusco?
- Cusco is accessible by both air and land transportation. The most recommended means of transport to get to Cusco is by air. The flight from Lima to Cusco takes approximately 1 hour and is offered by multiple airlines.
- For those wishing to travel by land, buses from Lima to Cusco are also readily available. However, the duration of this trip is 21 hours.
Ask us about: Cusco City Tour