Maras – Moray Half Day Tour
Places to visit:
Maras salt flats & Moray archaeological site.
The Maras Moray tour is a popular day trip from Cusco that takes visitors to two unique and fascinating destinations in the Sacred Valley of Peru. This tour is a half-day tour intended for those looking to explore some of the most unique attractions in the Valley.
Maras – Moray Half Day Tour Itinerary
In our Moray-Maras tour, we will visit the following attractions:
Start your tour at the Incan archaeological site of Moray, which is located about 50 km from Cusco. Moray consists of a series of circular terraces that were likely used for agricultural experimentation by the Incas. The terraces are arranged in concentric circles and offer stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
After exploring Moray, we will head to the nearby town of Maras, which is located about 7 km away. The town is known for its beautiful church and historic buildings, as well as its role in the local salt production industry. During your visit to the Maras salt flats, you will learn about the traditional methods of salt harvesting from locals.
- Pick-up from hotel in Cusco / drop-off at hotel after tour
- Guided service (English or Spanish)
- Transportation to each attraction included in the tour
- Entrance tickets (Boleto Turístico General)
- Snacks & Water
- Lunch: in this tour, you will be back to Cusco just in time for lunch. We will recommend some of the best restaurants in town for you to try!
WHAT TO BRING
To guarantee the best of experiences, it is important to be fully prepared. Here is a list of items we recommend you to bring for this tour.
- Comfortable shoes. No heels, flip flops, flats or unworn shoes.
- Small day pack for your personal items
- Travel document
- Parka or windbreaker. Weather changes are common in Cusco. This includes sunny, rainy and windy conditions.
- Reusable water bottle
- Extra cash for souvenirs & snacks
Prices & Options
COST: US$30 per person
Ask us about: Maras – Moray Half Day Tour