Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu 2D
Combine the beauty of the Sacred Valley with the splendid history of Machu Picchu. This 2D tour includes the panoramic train to Machu Picchu.
DAY 01: SACRED VALLEY OF THE INCAS
In this tour, we will take you through some of the most impressive archaeological sites in the Sacred Valley, as well as give you a taste of local culture and cuisine.
Here are the attractions we will visit:
Pisaq: From Cusco, we will head to the town of Pisaq, which is located about 32 km from Cusco. Here we will visit the Pisaq Archaeological Park, which is home to some of the most impressive Incan ruins in the region due to its perching agricultural terraces.
Ollantaytambo: This town is about one hour from Pisaq. Ollantaytambo is considered to be one of the last “Living Inca Town” because its inhabitants live according to uses and customs inherited from their ancestors. Here, we will visit its impressive Incan fortress, which was built to protect the Sacred Valley from invaders and will have some time to explore the colorful artisan market.
Chinchero: The final stop of our tour is Chinchero, which is about 30 km from Ollantaytambo. This town is known for its weaving traditions, and archaeological site, which features a colonial church built on top of Incan foundations.
Our tour to the Sacred Valley will be complemented with a delicious buffet lunch in Urubamba. The lunch will be a delight as it is prepped with fresh, local produce.
After our tour, we will continue to the train station in Ollantaytambo. Here, we will board our afternoon train to the town of Aguas Calientes, where we will stay the night.
DAY 02: VISIT MACHU PICCHU – RETURN TO CUSCO
Your visit to Machu Picchu will be in the morning hours. With a guided tour of approximately 3 hours, you will wander around the citadel’s most iconic sectors and temples.
You will return to Cusco in the afternoon via train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and by car to the city of Cusco.
- Pick-up from hotel in Cusco / drop-off at hotel after tour
- Guided service (English or Spanish)
- Transportation to each attraction included in the tour of the Sacred Valley
- Buffet lunch in the Sacred Valley
- Transportation to train station in OIllantaytambo
- Entry ticket to Machu Picchu
- Bus Consettur 2-way
- Train ticket (Expedition service) 2-way
- 01 night accommodation in Aguas Calientes (3-star hotel)
- Entrance tickets (Boleto Turístico General)
- Snacks & Water
- 02 breakfasts, 01 lunch & 02 dinners
WHAT TO BRING
To guarantee the best of experiences, it is important to be fully prepared. Here is a list of items we recommend you to bring for this tour.
- Comfortable shoes. No heels, flip flops, flats or unworn shoes.
- Small day pack for your personal items + 01 change of clothes for your overnight stay in Aguas Calientes
- Travel document
- Parka or windbreaker. Weather changes are common in Cusco. This includes sunny, rainy and windy conditions.
- Reusable water bottle
- Extra cash for souvenirs & snacks